Our Drain Cleaning Services
A clogged drain can really slow you down, especially if you only have one kitchen or bathroom. Have you tried using liquid drain cleaners and bent wire hangers to no avail? We feel your pain. Luckily, we can help! With decades of experience unclogging stubborn drains, Cool Touch can quickly provide you with long-lasting drain cleaning solutions. There are many reasons why you should forgo using those store-bought chemical drain cleaners, and hire a professional instead.
Plumbers use a variety of tools to perform drain cleaning, either to get rid of clogs or for regular service:
- Motorized Drain Snakes: These are more powerful versions of the hand–crank drain augers that use a corkscrew motion to dig down into clogs and either break them up or remove them. Powerful motorized drain snakes have the potential to harm drainpipes unless they are in the hands of professionals, so do not attempt to use one yourself.
- Hydro–Jetting: This is a scouring service that blasts high–pressure hot water along the interior of a pipe. Plumbers can break through clogs using this action, but they also use hydro–jetters to provide comprehensive cleaning that wipes away organic and hard water deposits and restores drainpipes to like–new condition.
It’s tempting to purchase chemical drain cleaners from a store and pour them down the blocked drain, but you should never do this: these chemicals can eat away at the interior of pipes and damage them, and they create toxic fumes that are unhealthy for your household. This job requires trained and certified plumbers.
Common Causes of Dirty and Clogged Drains
Tens of thousands of gallons of water go through the drains of the average home every year, and that means residential drainpipes will suffer from heavy stress. Some of the wastewater that enters drains contains material that clings to the pipe interiors and lead to narrowed or blocked drains:
- Fat, Grease, and Oil: In hot liquid form, these substances seem harmless, but they are one of the #1 enemies of drains. When they cool down, they change into tough solids similar to wax that will begin to coat the inside of the drain, raising water pressure and making clogs hard to avoid.
- Inorganic Waste: You should never use the drains in your home as garbage receptacles (especially not the garbage disposal, despite its name). This material will often get caught down in drains or the sewage system and create problems. Some items to refrain from putting down your drain include: egg shells, bones, coffee grounds, pits and seeds, fibrous food, potato peels, and more.
- Hard Water Deposits: The minerals found in hard water will start to leave calcite deposits inside pipes. You will need professional drain cleaning to remove this, and your plumber may also advise that you install a whole–house water softener to eliminate hard water troubles in the future.
Contact Cool Touch Today For All Your Drain Cleaning Needs in the Prescott Valley and Phoenix Metropolitan Areas!
The people to call for drain cleaning service are at Cool Touch in the Central Arizona area. All our plumbers are certified and have the skill and experience necessary to provide you with the ways and means to get rid of clogs and keep them from coming back. You will receive expert, efficient service – guaranteed.