We’ve all heard the stories about home owners and commercial businesses getting ripped off by their local HVAC contractor. Too many times people have called upon A/C and heating companies to come to their home or business for what they thought would be a simple tune up only to be taken for hundreds, sometimes even thousands of dollars. We’ve even heard of a homeowner who’s issue had to do with a simple adjustment to their thermostat, however, the HVAC company they called told them they needed a whole new cooling system which ended up costing them a few thousand. Ridiculous!!
Cool Touch Air Conditioning and Heating is proud to state that we have a perfect rating with the Phoenix Better Business Bureau. We also have an outstanding reputation on the social website Yelp. Our technicians are professionally trained and certified and offer the best customer service you will find around Phoenix and the east and west valleys. If a customer doesn’t need an expensive part, repair or system replacement, our techs will be the first to tell them. We’re not in the business of increasing profits through lies. Cool Touch is in the business of gaining our customers trust so they become a customer for life.
In order to prevent getting ripped off by a dishonest air conditioning & heating company in Phoenix, please follow the list of tips below.
How to Find a Credible Air Conditioning & Heating Company:
— Find out about license and insurance requirements for contractors in your state. And before you call a contractor, know the model of your current system and its maintenance history. Also make note of any uncomfortable rooms. This will help potential contractors better understand your heating needs.
– Ask for referrals — Ask friends, neighbors, and co-workers for contractor referrals. You can also contact local trade organizations for names of members in your area.
– Check your local Better Business Bureau and popular local business social websites (Yelp, Magic Yellow, Brown Book, Angies List, Google Plus, etc)
– Call references — Ask contractors for customer references and call them. Ask about the contractor’s installation or service performance, and if the job was completed on time and within budget.
– Find special offers — A heating and cooling system is one of the largest purchases you’ll make as a homeowner. Keep your costs down by checking around for available rebates on energy-efficient ENERGY STAR qualified heating and cooling equipment. Begin your search at www.energystar.gov.
– Look for ENERGY STAR — ENERGY STAR qualified products meet strict energy efficiency guidelines set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and offer significant long-term energy savings. Contractors should be able to show you calculations of savings for ENERGY STAR heating and cooling equipment.
– Expect a home evaluation — The contractor should spend significant time inspecting your current system and home to assess your needs. A bigger system isn’t always better; a contractor should size the heating and cooling system based on the size of your house, level of insulation, and windows. A good contractor will inspect your duct system (if applicable) for air leaks and insulation and measure airflow to make sure it meets manufacturers specifications.
– Get written, itemized estimates — When comparing contractors’ proposals (bids), be sure to compare cost, energy efficiency and warranties. A lowest price may not be the best deal if it’s not the most efficient because your energy costs will be higher.
– Get it in ink — Sign a written proposal with a contractor before work gets started. It’ll protect you by specifying project costs, model numbers, job schedule and warranty information.
– Pass it on — Tell friends and family about ENERGY STAR. Almost one-quarter of households knowingly purchased at least one qualified product last year, and 71% of those consumers say they would recommend ENERGY STAR to a friend. Spread the word, and we can all make a big difference.
– Don’t Assume The Lowest Price Company Is The One You Should Hire. While price matters, don’t let the initial price be the only consideration when choosing a heating and cooling contractor. As with most things in life, price is usually an indication of quality. And high quality is essential for a new heating and cooling system. The long term costs to own it usually far exceed the initial cost to buy it. Another concern is that the low price you see advertised or are quoted may not be the price you end up paying. Some contractors offer an unrealistically low price to get the job and then pressure you into paying a lot more after starting.
If you want to get the best value for your money, solve existing discomfort or dust problems, fix repairs and prevent them, or end up with a new comfort system you’ll be proud to own and enjoy for many years to come, take the time to identify one of the few contractors who can really put your new system in right. This is a unique opportunity. Don’t waste it.
And always remember Cool Touch is one of the highest rated HVAC contractors in Phoenix AZ. We have a solid reputation and our customers always do repeat business with us. If you have any questions please visit our website https://www.cooltouch.us.