It’s hard to even imagine what life would be like without your water heater — certainly, you’d no longer look forward to those long showers like you do now! See, your water heater is super important to your overall comfort, so it’s important that yours is in good working order.
Of course, your water heater was not designed to last forever, and eventually, you will need to replace it. Fortunately, though, there are a number of signs that suggest it’s time to invest in a new system, and below, we have listed some of them for you. All you have to do is keep reading to find out more (and of course, remember to call our team when you need plumbing services in Glendale, AZ.)
Is It Time for a Replacement?
Like we mentioned above, there are a number of signs that suggest it’s time to let go of your water heater. These include:
- The Age of the System: How long has the water heater been in your house? Most systems can last from 15 to 20 years. If a water heater is older than 20 years, it’s usually better to put in a new system, even if the current water heater is working adequately. A decline due to age is going to start soon, and it’s best to get ahead of it with a new water heater.
- Loss of Hot Water Volume: Are you no longer getting the amount of hot water in your household that you’d expect? Have you and your family members been fighting each morning to be the first to take a shower? These are warnings of a water heater that’s in decline and should be swapped out for a new one.
- Rising Heating Bills: Hot water accounts for most of the heating energy used in your home. If the hot water heater starts to work inefficiently due to its age, then it’s a good idea to have it replaced.
- Corrosion: You shouldn’t see corrosion on your water heater until it’s extremely old. If it does appear, it usually can’t be repaired and you must get a new water heater.
- Reddish Discoloration in the Water: If you turn on taps and see a reddish tint to the hot water, it means the inside of the tank is rusting out.
- Too Many Repairs: If you’re getting into the habit of calling for repairs for the water heater more than twice a year, that’s too often. Rather than continuing to throw money at a water heater that’s on its last legs, arrange for a new installation.
Call in a Professional
When the time comes to replace your water heater, you want to make absolutely certain that you’ve hired a professional plumber for the job — only a professional has the tools, training, and expertise to safely and correctly handle the complex needs of your system, the first time around. Remember, when it comes to your comfort and your budget, you don’t want to take any risks!
Schedule your water heater services with the team at Cool Touch today!