We’re not far from the end of winter. And while that doesn’t quite mean the spring season will start with blazing summer heat, what it does mean is that there’s plenty of time between now and summer. In other words, plenty of time to schedule an AC tune-up in Phoenix.
Regularly scheduled maintenance is always a good idea, as it will extend the lifespan of your HVAC system and keep it running efficiently. But is it really a good idea to get it so early? Ending your winter with an early AC tune-up is good for more than a few reasons, which we’ll get into down below:
Getting it Done Early
Sure, getting it done early is great for ending procrastination. The real benefits of early maintenance go far beyond that, though:
- No chance of overspending on energy: Your AC will be running at its most efficient as soon as you fire it up. Typically, homeowners who hold off on maintenance will run their AC for some weeks, realize it needs a tune-up, and then have it serviced. Unfortunately, it’s too late for them to do anything about that money they spent.
- Keep your AC free of dust and dirt: Your AC has been collecting dust for nearly half a year by the time you finally turn it back on. When it does, you can bet it will blow some of that dust around your home. While this may not be a huge problem for those without sensitive noses, this excess dust and dirt can get into the sensitive components of the AC and cause some adverse effects. A good tune-up includes having the AC cleaned out.
- Get service without urgency: Air conditioners tend to break down when they’re working under the hardest conditions—typically in the middle of summer. Even if your AC doesn’t break down, you can expect having to wait in the queue for every other customer who called in before you.
Reap the Benefits of a Maintenance Plan
Signing up for a maintenance plan is sort of like an insurance policy, but with several more benefits that you can actually use right now. There’s no bad time to sign up with a maintenance plan, but signing up before the coming season will ensure you can take advantage of all the best benefits:
- Priority service: We just stated above that waiting for service in the summer can be a waiting game. Well, not if you’re on the priority service list. Maintenance plan members get VIP treatment when it comes to receiving service.
- Discounts: Getting HVAC services outside of repairs and maintenance can feel like a bit of a luxury at times, but with the discounts provided by a maintenance plan, those products or services don’t have to just be a fantasy.
- No overtime charges: Got an HVAC repair issue that needs to go away, and fast? Emergency services will typically cost you an overtime charge, but not for maintenance plan members.
There’s never a bad time to get maintenance, whether it’s for your heater or even your air conditioner. Contact Cool Touch Air Conditioning and Heating today to schedule a service.