With the fall season upon us, it’s a good time for you to know common heating problems and the most popular causes of furnace and heating system failure.
Although there are potentially hundreds of reasons why your home’s furnace or heating system may need to be repaired, there are a few reasons that are very common.
These are the top five problems that may cause your furnace or heating equipment to break down:
5. Thermostat malfunctions causing no heat, fan, or comfort problems
4. Air flow problems from fan motors, belts and bearings, causing furnace overheating or poor heating control
3. Dirty or clogged filters resulting in air flow and comfort problems
2. Furnace or heating system pilot or ignition control problems, resulting in intermittent or no heat
1. Lack of maintenance may cause unexpected breakdowns, poor comfort or increased energy costs (not to mention homeowner frustration!)
For these common issues, a professionally qualified, HVAC certified technician can quickly diagnose the problem areas and make the necessary repairs. Having a tune up by Cool Touch or signing up for our maintenance plan could prevent nearly all heating problems that result in no heat or low comfort levels.
During a tune-up, all of the components of your system are checked and serviced so they operate correctly and at peak efficiency during the heating season. Important items like Carbon Monoxide checks, adequate combustion air, equipment clearances, and equipment safety are also key elements of our check list.
We always stress safety to our customers during the heating season. The health and safety of our clients and their loved ones is more valuable than any holiday gift. Always remember that furnaces of any age may pose safety hazards from combustion or gases, particularly if a certified technician has not maintained the equipment regularly.
Do you have furnace problems or heating questions? Look to Cool Touch to answer your questions and put you at ease this winter. Call us today at 623-584-3762