Welp, it’s hot. Summer is officially here and we are experiencing the hammering of heat that we expect in the Valley. This is when you appreciate having a reliable central air conditioning system in your home. Let’s face it, most of the Phoenix area would never have become so densely settled without the invention of affordable central ACs for homes and businesses.
But wait … is your home’s central air conditioning system reliable? Did you remember to schedule maintenance for it in the spring? If you did, great! You can expect few troubles during the season with your AC. If you didn’t, there’re two things we don’t want you to do:
- Decide it’s too late and wait for maintenance next year.
There Is No Deadline for AC Maintenance
First, we want to be clear that spring is the ideal time to call us to schedule annual air conditioning maintenance. The weather is cooler, making it convenient to find an appointment for maintenance, and our technicians have more open schedules. Pre-summer maintenance gets the system in shape before the first heat wave hits, and it also preps it right in time to do the most work.
But the last day of spring (or the first day of summer heat, which usually comes first in Phoenix), is not the terminal point for maintenance. There is no such thing. You can have AC maintenance done any time of the year—as long as you make sure it is done each year. Skipping maintenance is the worst way to do maintenance.
We’re Going to Scare You a Bit Now…
Here are some basic facts about what can happen to an air conditioner if it misses regular maintenance during the year. These are a bit frightening, but sometimes a bit of a scare helps people to remember essential services like this:
- Your air conditioner has a much higher chance of a sudden break down during the summer. This is true anywhere people use ACs, but our summer heat is extreme and the strain an AC is under means that a wobbly unit that isn’t getting regular care is in the danger zone of a break down during one of the hottest days of the year.
- You will likely void the warranty on the system—and end up paying out-of-pocket for repairs or a replacement that the warranty would otherwise cover.
- The air conditioner will lose years off its life. The average service life for an AC that’s gotten steady care is 12 to 15 years. Without annual maintenance, slice that in half. Do you want to replace an AC after seven years when you could’ve gotten another seven out of it?
- Expect your cooling bills to get steeper and steeper. When the AC is up against grime on its parts and wear and tear, it will guzzle down electricity like you guzzle water on a hot day. This will make your utility bills unpleasant things to see.
We offer air conditioning maintenance in Glendale, AZ through our Cool Touch Ultimate Service Agreement (USA). You won’t have to worry about missing out on maintenance when we’re looking out for you.
Call the HVAC Contractors in the Phoenix Metropolitan Area who can keep you cool: Cool Touch Air Conditioning and Heating.