The short answer: No.
The longer answer: There are some troubleshooting steps you can take when you have a malfunctioning AC that might resolve the problem. However, anything that involves tools and opening up the air conditioning cabinets is a job to leave to professionals.
The longest answer: Well, it’s the rest of the blog, so click “Continue Reading” and we’ll get into it below.
In some situations, you can get your AC working again if the problem is a basic one that can be resolved by going through some troubleshooting steps.
- Check the power to the house: If your air conditioning system stopped working in the middle of the day, you may not realize at first that the problem is a power outage to the house.
- Check the thermostat settings: This may sound obvious, but it’s the obvious that is most often is overlooked. Make sure the settings haven’t been changed and that you have the right programs set up to cool the house.
- Check the circuit breaker panel: During our extremely hot summers, an air conditioner may become overheated and cause its circuit breaker to trip. Check the electrical panel for your house and reset any tripped breakers, then try the air conditioner again. If the tripped breaker problem continues, we recommend you call us to see if there’s an electrical malfunction in the AC.
- Change a clogged air filter: If you left the HVAC system’s air filter in place after winter, it’s probably heavily clogged up. This will cause the AC to lose cooling capacity, and it can create other problems as well, such as the AC shutting down or short-cycling. Put in a clean filter and keep up a schedule of changing the filter every one to three months.
- Clear the outside cabinet: If the outdoor condenser of the AC is obstructed, the system won’t be able to deliver sufficient cooling indoors. Make sure the cabinet is cleared of branches, shrubs, and any other obstructions.
As for the Rest, Leave It to Us!
If you’ve gone through the above steps, you’ve done your best to get the AC back to work. If the air conditioner still isn’t working, it’s time to call us.
Our slogan is “Kick back and relax—we’ll keep you cool,” because it’s exactly what we do. When you have a need for air conditioning repair in Avondale, AZ or elsewhere in the Phoenix Metropolitan Area, there’s no reason for you to risk damaging the AC or wasting your time trying to do the work yourself. You only need to call us and we’ll have it taken care of.
We’re fast but thorough, and we provide 24-hour emergency service. We offer the best warranties in the business and maintain full insurance to protect you against any damages. (This is one of the reasons to never go to an amateur for AC repairs.) It’s our promise to deliver the lowest price for the highest quality service in the area.
Call Cool Touch Air Conditioning and Heating for all your AC needs in the Phoenix Metropolitan Area. Kick back and relax—we’ll keep you cool.